Does Your La Mirada / South Whittier Home Have A Mold Problem?
Prevent Molds from Damaging Your Home
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (714) 735-8927
How to Remove Molds
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home
It’s important to get rid of molds as soon as possible since these fungi will not only cause damage to your home but may cause health effects as well. The following are some effective ways on how to remove mold.
Apply Bleach and Warm Water
Mix up one cup of bleach for every gallon of warm water. Dip a brush into the solution and use it to scrub the affected surfaces. Be sure to dry the area after applying the mixture.
Pour vinegar into a spray bottle and spray the solution on non-porous surfaces (tiles, glass, metals, etc.). After 30 minutes, brush the surfaces and wash them. Again, make sure to dry the area to prevent molds from coming back.
For Bigger Mold Problems, Call A Professional
If the mold is colored black or green, shows up in several various locations at the same time, or if you have mold allergies, then you need to call in a professional to deal with the problem.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (714) 361-0572
FASTER TO ANY SIZE DISASTER
SERVPRO of Diamond Bar South Ponoma is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We’re also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises, which gives us access to more resources for larger cleaning or restoration projects or major storm scenarios.