Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Water Damage Tips from SERVPRO of La Mirada / South Whittier
When water damage affects your property it can also wreck havoc on your daily life. That is why our professionals at SERVPRO of La Mirada / South Whittier are prepared to handle your property and your belongings as quickly as we are able. Time is always of the essence when dealing with water damage. The longer the water sits the more destructive it can become. Our greatest tip for our clients is to call us immediately, 24/7 when water damage occurs so that we are able to begin our restoration process as quickly as we can.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (714) 735-8927
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.